Sun. Jan 17th, 2021

FARGO, North Dakota – Police in Fargo, North Dakota are investigating the death of a 15-month-old toddler.

Meka Carrillo’s aunt, Amanda Carrillo, writes on a GoFundMe fundraiser page that Meka was viciously abused, burned with chemicals, given alcohol, battered, and raped multiple ways.

Police were called to a home in the 2300 block of 17th Street South last Friday evening when the girl became unconscious and unresponsive while in the care of a temporary caretaker.

Meka Carrillo’s memorial video.| Source: YouTube

Meka was taken to a local hospital and was removed from life support on Tuesday.

Detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding the child’s death, and are awaiting autopsy and toxicology results.

On the GoFundMe page, Amanda stated:

November 20th 2020 a person my family trusted with my niece came to my house and informed me my 15-month-old niece was on her way to the ER. I couldn’t understand why this person, who was supposed to be caring for Meka, was at my door and not in the back of the ambulance with her. I told this individual to meet me at the hospital and when I arrived it was like I was walking into a lifetime movie crime scene. They had brown paper evidence bags and rulers to measure the wounds and evidence recording equipment. I instantly got sick to my stomach. The individual we trusted with Meka’s care kept telling me “she’s just sick, Amanda, she’s just sick”. I spoke to the detective and it became clear that Meka wasn’t just sick, she had been horribly abused, burned with chemicals, given alcohol, battered, and raped multiple ways. There are even more horrific details to the torture and murder that I don’t want the world to have to suffer knowing but my family and I keep replaying in our heads. These thoughts will scar us and Meka’s young cousins for the rest of our lives. Leaving the hospital I felt overwhelming guilt that I hadn’t taken custody of Meka myself and that this person we trusted her with wasn’t as trustworthy as we thought and we hadn’t seen the signs of abuse that she was hiding from us. It started making sense why she had so many excuses when we wanted to see Meka and check up on her. I couldn’t hold back my emotions and yelled “What did you do to my niece!?” to the woman as we walked out of the hospital.At this point Meka was still on life support, clinging to life and was placed in protective services, and then medical examiners, CPS workers, and detectives examined her. She had no brain activity because she was dead for 2 minutes before anyone tried to resuscitate her. As more details came out it got even uglier, I don’t know how human beings could be so cruel and heartless; there were numerous people that knew what was going on during the days that the abuse was being carried out and failed to reach out to the right people and just allowed the torture to continue. As of the day this is being posted, November 24th 2020, we have stopped life support and Meka was pronounced dead at 8:08am.

Amanda Carrillo

No arrests have been made.

The fundraiser has a goal of $10,000. Click here to donate to Meka Carrillo’s GoFundMe.

Follow Illicit Deeds on Facebook for more stories.